It’s important to practice good oral hygiene, so you can feel good about yourself and smile with confidence. At Dental Oasis of Clayton, we’re dedicated to creating a safe and comfortable dental experience to help you achieve this. It all starts with a supportive team, innovative technology, and a few simple tips that help you have healthy teeth. Continue reading to learn more.
- Brush Your Teeth Consistently.It’s important to make sure you brush your teeth at least twice a day, preferably first thing in the morning and right before you go to bed. Focus on brushing for the full two minutes, being sure to clean all the surfaces of your teeth as well as your tongue.
- Don’t Forget to Floss. Daily flossing is important because it helps remove food particles and plaque from between your teeth and along the gumline, two areas that your toothbrush might not be able to reach. Make flossing a part of your routine every day.
- Use Mouthwash. An effective antimicrobial mouthwash can help lower bacteria in your mouth, leave your breath smelling fresher, and improve your enamel. Find one that has fluoride in it, and then ensure you read the instructions.
- Stay Hydrated. Maintaining good oral health can be assisted by staying hydrated and drinking water, particularly fluoridated water. It helps remove acid and food particles from the mouth, both of which can contribute to tooth decay.
- Focus on a Good Diet.Eat a diet that is high in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and dairy products that are low in fat to maintain a healthy balance in your diet. Sugary foods and drinks should be avoided as much as possible because sugar is a major factor in the development of tooth decay.
- Reduce Acidity.Too much exposure to acidic foods and beverages, such as citrus fruits and soda, can cause enamel on teeth to wear away. Consume them in moderation, and afterward, gargle with water to remove any lingering taste.
For healthy teeth, as well as improved health and well-being, contact our team today.